Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to USIC for fresh articles!
Our technicians are vital to our success and critical to the security and safety of our customers. We value our employees by preparing them to do their jobs and providing them the tools necessary to do the job correctly, quickly and carefully.
As part of the team at USIC, our technicians are constantly trained on new and better ways to do their jobs. In addition to the training, USIC provides technicians an array of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- Paid Training - Initial training includes a three week hands-on classroom experience that trains our technicians how to do their jobs correctly while prioritizing safety. USIC pays for training because we understand how vital our work is and we want to invest our resources into our technicians to ensure they are equipped and prepared to succeed.
- Work Vehicle - Our technicians are always moving from location to location. They are responsible for prioritizing their work to determine the proper routes for all locate requests on a daily basis. USIC provides technicians with vehicles to get from job to job each day.
- Wages and Benefits - USIC technicians enter into stable, safe careers. We provide competitive wages to technicians as well as a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as a 401k.
USIC Paid Training
USIC provides our technicians with paid training
The work we do to protect our customers' assets involves sound technical knowledge, attention to detail, problem solving skills, and includes the highest standards of quality service. USIC provides our technicians with paid training to ensure they are fully prepared for the job tasks required of them on a daily basis.
The paid training includes three weeks of intensive field and classroom training. New employees learn about USIC standards for quality and safety, locate theory and apply their learning to the day-to-day tasks required of them including:
- Identifying and marking buried utilities (telephone, electric, natural gas and more)
- Referencing utility prints
- Locating utilities using state-of-the-art tools and technology
- Creating proper documentation
- Accurately billing their work
At the end of paid training, and upon successful completion of written and field certification, our newest technicians will be assigned to their field team under supervision.
Technicians will spend 95% of their time in the field environment outdoors on their own, so it is of utmost importance they are consistently trained to perform their jobs to the standards that have been set by USIC, our customers and the National Utility Locating Contractors Association.
Work Vehicle Provided
Nearly 100% of a locator's job will be performed in the field. USIC technicians love working outdoors in any weather and value setting their own scheduling and routes based on utility maps and prints at hand on a day-to-day basis.
Technicians typically work in the area in which they live, but they are always on the go. USIC provides field technicians with a company vehicle to perform their jobs on time, correctly and safely. Our technicians will be in a field environment nearly every day, therefore their truck is their office.
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to the quality of work and experience we strive to provide. Our goal is to be 100% on-time all day, every day for every location. Providing our field technicians with the transportation and equipment necessary to be on time and perform their jobs at a high level is just one of the benefits USIC offers in order to accomplish this.