By using the Site or the Services, submitting your information to search or create a user profile, submitting your information to search open positions, and/or submitting your information to create a Candidate profile, you give express consent to all of the terms contained herein and such use and actions constitute your electronic signature. You may withdraw this consent by using the opt-out procedures described below.
COMMUNICATIONS. BY SUBMITTING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM USIC AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS YOU ENTERED INTO OUR CONTACT FORM, OR THAT YOU LATER PROVIDE TO US OR ENTER INTO YOUR CONTACT PAGE. SUCH CONSENT ALSO SERVES AS YOUR EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT TO YOUR PAST RECEIPT OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM US. YOU FURTHER REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (I) YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD; (II) YOU LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES; (III) YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED ON A NATIONAL OR STATEWIDE DO-NOT-CALL LIST, OR OTHERWISE GRANT THE COMPANY A WAIVER TO SUCH REGISTRATION FOR THE USE HEREOF; (IV) YOU ARE THE ACCOUNT HOLDER OF, OR HAVE THE REQUIRED CONSENT TO PROVIDE THE PHONE NUMBERS AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES PROVIDED; (V) THE PHONE NUMBERS AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES PROVIDED ARE ACCURATE, AND YOU WILL PROVIDE US NOTICE IF YOU RELEASE EITHER SUCH ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER.
COMMUNICATIONS INCLUDE. THESE COMMUNICATIONS MAY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TELEMARKETING MESSAGES, THROUGH THE USE OF E-MAIL, LANDLINE PHONE, FAX, CELLULAR PHONE, TEXT MESSAGES (INCLUDING SMS AND MMS), AND NOTIFICATIONS THROUGH ANY APP THAT WE PRODUCE.
AUTODIALING OR AUTOTEXTING. WE MAY USE AN AUTOMATIC TELEPHONE DIALING SYSTEM OR AUTO-TEXTING (OR "AUTO-DIALER"), WHICH MAY EMPLOY AN ARTIFICIAL OR PRE-RECORDED VOICE OR "ROBOTEXTS." YOUR CARRIER'S STANDARD RATES AND CHARGES MAY APPLY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. AGREEING TO THESE COMMUNICATIONS IS NOT A CONDITION OF SUBMITTING ANY QUESTION OR COMMENT ON THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE PURCHASING ANY PROPERTY, GOODS, OR SERVICES FROM USIC AND/OR THE SITE.
REVOKING CONSENT AND OPTING OUT. YOU MAY REVOKE YOUR CONSENT TO RECEIVE CERTAIN COMMUNICATIONS AT ANY TIME. TO STOP RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES, REPLY "STOP" TO ANY OF OUR TEXTS. TO STOP RECEIVING E-MAILS, CLICK THE "UNSUBSCRIBE" LINK WHEN PROVIDED, OR REPLY "UNSUBSCRIBE" TO THE E-MAIL WHEN AN AUTOMATED UNSUBSCRIBE LINK IS NOT AVAILABLE. TO STOP RECEIVING PHONE CALLS, COMMUNICATE THAT REQUEST TO US VIA PHONE, TEXT MESSAGE OR E-MAIL. WE WILL MAKE A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORT TO COMPLY WITH ANY COMMUNICATIONS FROM YOU OPTING OUT. BY CONTACTING US TO OPT OUT OF A CERTAIN COMMUNICATION, YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE A FINAL COMMUNICATION CONFIRMING YOUR OPT OUT.
COMMUNICATION FREQUENCY. HOW OFTEN WE SEND YOU COMMUNICATIONS WILL VARY, BECAUSE THE INDIVIDUAL SALESPERSON OR REALTORS WHO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU WILL DETERMINE SUCH FREQUENCY.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW USED. The data we collect from Visitors and Candidates during the recruitment process and how we use that data may vary, depending on the jurisdiction where the open position is based, and provision of all data may not be mandatory. To the extent any collection or use conflicts with a legal requirement or prohibition, then USIC will follow the applicable law. We refer to this type of information as "Candidate Information." Candidate Information may be collected in multiple ways: you may provide it to us in connection with your application; we may make observations in the application process or collect information from public information sources; or you may authorize us to collect information from other sources, such as a former employer or reference. We also may collect information through cookies when you visit our website. Information we collect, and the uses for that information, may include:
- Identifiers, including, but not limited to:
- Contact information, such as your name, physical address, telephone numbers, and email addresses. We use this information to open and track your candidate file and communicate with you.
- Personally identifiable information, such as your date of birth, country of birth or the country where you are a registered national or citizen, nationality/visa status, passport number, social security number, driver's license number and signature. We use this information to determine your eligibility to work, to verify your identity and fulfill our obligations to relevant government authorities. information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
- Account registration details, such as email and password.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as your disability, gender, race, military status (to the extent such information is collected or provided, for example, through voluntary self-identification). We use this information (at the time and manner and to the extent permitted or required by law) to address our legal obligations to you, to make any adjustments required to assist you in the interview process, and to conduct meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and analyses, such as affirmative action programs, where permitted or required by law.
- Other employment-related information, including:
- Background information, such as job qualifications and related information, including but not limited to the position applied for, previous job roles, descriptions of your skills and experience, education, transcript, awards, qualifications, certificates, licenses, professional license or certification, trade group or other membership(s), references, and any other information you choose to provide in your resumes and/or applications. We use this information to determine your qualification and selection for jobs, and potential conflicts of interest.
- Travel-related expenses, to the extent approved by USIC and incurred during the recruitment process and banking detail so that USIC can reimburse you.
- Other information you voluntarily provide throughout the process, including through internal or third-party assessment centers/exercises and interviews.
- Background checks and screening, such as education verification, criminal records and driver license checks. We use this information to determine your suitability for employment (at the time and manner, and to the extent permitted or required by law), including for certain job roles (for example, home security) and to determine your eligibility for certain potential benefits (such as use of a company vehicle). We may also collect background data from public third party sites and may not seek your specific consent where not required by law.
- References, such as opinions and comments of any previous employers. In connection with our evaluation of your application, we may request specific permission to seek information about you from third parties. This may include information regarding your work habits, performance in prior roles, and fitness for employment. We use reference information we receive to determine your suitability for certain job roles and to fulfill our obligations to regulators (including demonstrating the suitability of employees for their role to regulators and professional bodies).
- Salary and compensation information. We use salary and compensation information you
provide to us and/or we obtain through the candidate process (at the time and manner and to the extent permitted or required by law) to determine compensation offers and to benchmark our practices.
- Surveys, such as feedback and opinions as part of voluntary surveys. We use such information to understand what USIC is doing well and what it can improve upon within the candidate journey. Your response to these surveys is optional and will have no bearing on the selection process for any vacancy at USIC. When you provide a response to a non-mandatory question, you are consenting to the collection and storage of that information by USIC and to our use of that information to evaluate your application.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, and audio, electronic, visual or similar information, including:
- Website Interactions. When you interact with our website, certain information about your use of this Site is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site
- Details regarding the device you use to access our website or digital services, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type
- USIC uses log-in information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user's movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
- Other audio, electronic, visual or similar information that you provide to us, such as communications, documents or images that you create, provide or upload to our systems.
- Inferences and Analytical Reports drawn from other personal information, such as analyses from applicant information used for improving our hiring processes.
ADDITIONAL USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. In addition to the uses set forth above, USIC may use and share the categories of personal information identified:
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations).
- To establish or defend legal claims and allegations.
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
- To seek advice from lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers.
- For purposes incidental to those set forth above.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION. We limit the information we share and disclose to others as follows:
- USIC: among the USIC affiliates
- Service Providers: In order to provide and support the evaluation process, we may use third party companies as service providers that work on our behalf to transmit, collect, process, or store information for us. We require these service providers to treat the information we share with them as confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing the services for which they have been engaged. The categories of Service Providers with whom we work include:
- Vendors that assist with the application process, including assessing candidate qualifications and providing the platform through which candidates submit their candidacy
- Auditing and accounting firms
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our programming, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance
- Analytics services, including entities that analyze traffic to and on our website, and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention
- When Required by Law or To Protect USIC and Others: There are times when we may be required by law to disclose information about you to third parties. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may also disclose information that personally identifies you as permitted by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
OTHER ORGANIZATIONS. In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for USIC employment through a third party service that displays our job posting. USIC does not control the privacy practices of these third party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
The Site may contain links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites, as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
HOW IS INFORMATION STORED. Information collected by USIC and/or the Site is securely stored in accordance with current industry standards and is not accessible to third parties or employees of USIC except for use as indicated above.
All of our employees are fully informed of our security policy and practices. The information of our Visitors and Candidates is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees with a password for gaining access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. We use encryption protocols to protect sensitive information sent over the Internet. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering, and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place, and we will not be liable to Visitors or Candidates for any such occurrences.
CHOICE REGARDING THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. Visitors and Candidates may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from us or being contacted by us and/or our vendors and affiliated agencies, as well as request of us and receive from us information on the specific elements of their information held by us by responding to e-mails as instructed, or by contacting us at:
USIC Locating Services, LLC
9045 North River Road, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Contact E-mail: Legal@usicllc.com
However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete a Visitor's entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have information deleted or deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
CORRECTING INACCURACIES IN INFORMATION. You are encouraged to ensure that the Candidate Information you provide to USIC is kept up to date and to amend any information which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. address). If you would like to correct any information that you have provided please notify your USIC recruitment contact. USIC will endeavor to resolve any issues concerning your Candidate Information in accordance with relevant procedures. With that said, changes and updates to information will only be reflected going forward, and we cannot alter any information we may have provided to a third party
USER RIGHTS. We do not and cannot, under the law, discriminate against Visitors and Candidates for exercising any of their rights with regard to their information, as detailed herein. Such forbidden discrimination includes, denying goods or services, charging different prices, or providing a different level or quality of service. However, we are, under the law, able to offer different services and rates if such differences are reasonably related to the value of the consumers' data.
California users' rights
We provide the following disclosures pursuant to Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 - 22579.
We provide Visitors and Candidates, including those claiming California residency, with information on how to exercise their respective disclosure options and choices pertaining to information, such as the right to opt out or unsubscribe, or opt in for use of information by third parties for marketing purposes. Accordingly, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that have received information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
California residents wishing to request information about how to exercise their disclosure options and choices pertaining to third party disclosures, please send requests by mail to "Request for California Disclosure Choices" at the mailing address provided above. With all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address. We do not accept requests via telephone or fax. We are not responsible for failure to respond to incomplete or incorrectly labeled or submitted notices.
We do not abide by Do Not Track signals from a user's Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect information directly through our Site.
MINORS. Our Site is not intended for use by minors, and as such, no one under the age of 18 should use, or provide any personal information to, our Site. If we discover that we have mistakenly collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete or functionally delete that information as soon as possible.
Send Us a Message: Legal@usicllc.com
WRITE TO US. You may write to us as follows:
USIC Locating Services, LLC
9045 North River Road, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Last updated on October 18, 2021.